The NSW Government has recently introduced two grant opportunities:
- Farms of the Future Agtech Grant Program
- Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (Round 1)
Farms of the Future Agtech Grant Program
The Farms of the Future (FoTF) Program will deliver improved connectivity and encourage farmers to adopt Agtech to boost productivity and improve resource management, including water efficiency and drought preparedness.
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of 70% of the cost of eligible purchases of Approved Agtech (which includes Ag IoT devices, connectivity solutions and device data integration dashboards), up to a maximum of $35,000 (excluding GST) per eligible applicant.
Grant applications open on 3rd February 2023 and close 31st August 2023.
Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (Round 1)
The Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (the program) will run over 2 years from 2022-23 to 2023-24. The minimum grant amount is $10,000 and the maximum grant amount is $25,000.
The objectives of the program are:
– improve energy efficiency practices and increase the uptake of energy efficient technologies
– assist small and medium businesses to manage their energy usage and costs
– reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
– increase awareness of energy efficiency opportunities and help businesses to save energy
– reduced power bills for small and medium businesses
– emissions abatement to contribute to Australia reducing its emissions to 43% below 2005 levels by 2030.