In 2019 Roberts & Morrow launched the Internship Program with the University of New England (UNE).
We offered four intern placements commencing in November 2019 and running through to February 2020. We received many quality applications, making offers to some talented students.
Kate Gooden, Harkarn Singh, Christian Scott and Jarred Knight joined our Armidale Business Services team and quickly started to apply their theory learning to practical client work.
This was no ordinary internship offer. Here are just a few of the #workperks the group enjoyed in their time with the Firm:
- Learning about the Firm’s vision for the future and engaging with exciting technology every day.
- Working with our specialist teams in; Financial Planning, Superannuation, Audit, Business Advisory and Specialist Tax Law, getting the chance to join them for an intensive day of learning.
- We flew them to Sydney! The group were given the opportunity for a full day of business immersion with the Chartered Accountants ANZ team and at the MYOB Sydney headquarters.
- They joined senior staff and Partners on site visits to our other office locations and they visited clients at their premises to experience how professional accounting staff interact with clients and provide meaningful business advice.
- The group worked on fundamental tasks such as completing; tax returns, BAS & IAS statements, financial statements and client file processing and gained exposure to clients in a range of industries.
- They even joined our annual team building day in November and came along to our Christmas parties!
The group completed the three month learning journey on Friday 7 February, however we are excited to announce that three of them will be staying on with the Firm as cadets, continuing to work while they complete their degree at UNE. Our cadet program is designed to get students ahead in their career, by providing flexible working opportunities and the chance to apply their university learning to the real life workplace. We are passionate about providing these opportunities to university students and pride ourselves on making their working experience with Roberts & Morrow as valuable as possible.
Applications for our 2020 internship program will open in September 2020, if you know someone who would love this opportunity, tell them to get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6774 8400.